About Qatar Cycling Federation
A LIFETIME ON BICYCLES
Qatar is a small country with big sporting dreams. Cycling fans of course remember the 2016 UCI World championship being hosted in Doha and the whole world is keenly awaiting the FIFA World Cup coming in 2022, and those are just two of many championships and top-tier sporting events appearing on our stage.
But we don’t just want to watch sport, we want to live it too, and for Qatar Cycling Federation the bicycle is the obvious way to take us to this life. Because a bicycle is fun, a bicycle is transport, a bicycle is fitness and a bicycle is escape – all in one perfect package!
Qatar Cycling Federation is the national governing body for cycling in Qatar and our mission is to get people onto their bikes and to support them as they make the journey from childhood experiences then onward into adulthood, where perhaps a place on the national team and international glory awaits.
The Qatar National Team, mentored by QCF coaches and support staff, is developing our talented youth to compete in Gulf region races and other road and mountain bike events all over the world. These young riders are the foundations for future success.
Our on‐going work consists of development of cycling participation at all levels of which a very important part is coach development. We organise events – races, mass-participation rides for all and children’s activities – and we support clubs and cycling groups to do the same.
We also aim to bring international cycling back to Qatar where our most notable successes to date have been thirteen editions of the UCI World Tour stage race The Tour of Qatar and the 2016 World Cycling Championships.
For a life time on bicycles, come along with us for the ride!
A TIMELINE OF QATAR CYCLING
- Qatar Cycling Federation established by His Highness Sheikh Tamim Bin Hamad Al Thani, at that time Chairman of the Qatar National Olympic Committee.
- First edition of men’s Tour of Qatar
- QCF hosts the Asian Games road and track cycling events
- Qatar Chain Reaction founded. QCR is the 1st cycling group formed by the expat community
- First edition of the women’s tour of Qatar
- Host to Pan Arab Games road cycling events
- GCC Road Cycling Championship
- First edition of the Tour of Al Zubara (UCI 2.2 cat)
- TriClub Doha founded (has >500 members in 2018)
- Qatar Cyclists’ Centre founded via the Ministry of Culture and Sport. Has immediate impact on participation by Qatari and Arab riders.
- Ride of Champions safety campaign event launches with 450 riders. A number which would more than double over successive editions.
- Host to the World Road Cycling Championships
- Ride of Champions (1000 participants)
- Q-Tri founded as the first Qatari triathlon club (80 members)
- First edition of the Al Adaid Desert Challenge (UCI class 3 XCP)
- First edition of the Doha Triathlon – Qatar’s premier Olympic distance event held at MIA park
- Royal Air Maroc cycling league takes local racing to a new level
- Mission 2028 launched and coordinators of new development areas on boarded
- First Qatari UCI and ITU coaches trained in Doha
- First Qatari athletes participate in ITU West Asian championships and ITU World Championships