Ashghal Time Trial Series
The season opens with evening races against the clock – two races of Olympic Cycling Track time-trialing to shake off the working day. Ashghal Public Works Authority have created the OCT as a much-needed facility for Qatar’s cyclists and are further supporting Qatar Cycling Federation in these events, so there’s no better place and no better way to get the new road racing season started!
Each of the two time trials includes categories for time trial/triathlon bikes, road bikes and youths (age 10 – 15)
- Olympic Cycling Track, Lusail car park
- 19th October (20km), 2nd November (30km).
- First starts: Youths 18:15, Adults 18:45
- Non drafting individual time trial
PLEASE READ THE IMPORTANT COVID-19 REGULATIONS AND PRECAUTIONS FOR THIS EVENT
Advance entry only using the form at the bottom of this page.
Entries close at 8am one day before the event. Entry for subsequent events in the series will open after each race.
- QCTF members and under 16s – 50 QAR
- Non members – 80 QAR
This is a time trial where each rider starts individually and riders are seeded according to past performances. You will be allocated a start time and it is important that you do not miss it:
- Go to the start 5 minutes before your allocated time
- Position yourself in the queue in start order
Race numbers are allocated in reverse start order; so if you are number 99 you will be waiting behind no. 100 and ahead of no. 98
- The start clock will sound a 10 second warning and then a 3 second count-down: beep, beep, beep, b-e-e-e-e-p!
- Late arrivals will be directed to the late lane where they will wait until a vacant slot becomes available. Adjustment of start time is at the starter’s discretion
Results will be available on the results page as soon as possible after the event. Live (un-verified) results can be found at the link below during the event. This page does not auto-refresh but will update every 2 minutes.
The OCT car park is small. Use the surrounding areas and Lusail Circuit parking in case it is full.
There are no toilets or facilities at the venue.
The courses are out and back along the Olympic Cycling Track with dead-turns at the following points:
- Race 1: Before Simaisma interchange at 9km (18km total)
- Race 2: Before Tinbek interchange at 15km (30 km total)
- Race 3: OCT track end at Al Bayt Stadium 20km (40 km total)
- Juniors: same course as adults
- Youths: turn at 5km approx (10km total)
All distances are approximate. Turn points will be manned and marked.
IMPORTANT! The finish line is immediately before entering the tunnel. After crossing the line and entering the tunnel, decelerate for the safety of race officials and other riders.
- This is a non-drafting time trial. You must ride 10 meters behind the rider ahead of you unless overtaking.
- Overtaking must be completed within 25 seconds
- Use of front and rear lights is mandatory. No lights, no ride.
- The races are open to anyone. It is not necessary to have a Qatar ID or be resident in Qatar.
- No race licence is required
- QCTF licence holders pay a reduced entry fee and are eligible to feature in the series ranking and receive awards. Join Qatar Cycling Federation
The event has two races:
- In the TT Bike race, any UCI or ITU legal bicycle can be ridden.
- In the road bike race, a road bike is deemed to be a bicycle without aero bars, disc wheels or tri-spoke wheels.
- Skin-suits, aero helmets, shoe covers and other permitted clothing are not restricted for the road-bike category.
Categories & Awards
Ashghal Time Trial Series Awards
Winners of the series, based on the fastest cumulative time over the three races will receive prizes in the following categories:
Fastest man and fastest woman on a TT bike
Fastest man and fastest woman on a road bike
Fastest Under 23 (18-22)
Juniors (16-17) men and women – top 3 (any bike type)
Seniors (18-39) men and women (TT) – top 3 and first Qatari
Masters (40+) men and women (TT) – top 3 and first Qatari
Seniors (18-39) men and women (Road) – top 3 and first Qatari
Masters (40+) men and women (Road) – top 3 and first Qatari
This list is indicative and may be revised after the first race according to numbers of participants. Only QCTF members are eligible as your QCTF number is how we track you across the three races.
Youth awards (by race)
An award ceremony for the top 3 in each age group will be held at each race, as soon as possible after the last youth has finished (approximately 7pm)
Youth 14-15 Male / Female
Youth 12-13 Male / Female
Youth 10-11 Male / Female
Corona virus regulations & precautions
The rules to follow are already well known:
- Wear a mask – at all times before the start and after the finish of your race when within the event site or less than 2m separation cannot be maintained from others
- Keep 1.5m minimum distance from others
- Ehteraz will be checked and temperature taken
Do not attend the event if you think you may have had contact with an infected person within the previous 7 days, even if you are not experiencing symptoms. If in doubt, please act in a way which ensures the safety of participants. The possibility of holding cycling races and events is in your hands!
Andrej Filip 33417990
Abandoning the race
Please ensure that you inform a race official if abandoning the race. Doing so means no time is wasted looking for you and we know that everyone is safe. Remember to return your timing chip and number.
- The OCT will be closed between the start and turn point between 6pm and 8pm and the main entry points marshaled. However, we cannot guarantee that the track will be completely clear of the general public. Be vigilant.
- Do not warm up on the course.
- Be careful at the dead-turn. Watch your speed and check behind before turning.
- Pay attention at the youth turn around point at 5km. Younger children may be turning.